There are very few Terms and Conditions to membership of the Grainy Club. Below are the only criteria upon which your establishment is asked to fulfil to join:
The ability to pass our stringent tests for clarity, aroma, taste, storage and service or real ales
You stock at least one of our core range permanently
That’s pretty much it, but for reference in the unlikely event that you have a cask that is not crystal clear or tastes as Grainstore beers should taste, below is our Ullage procedure. To be fair, we are just filling some space on this page…
Ullage is beer, which is not fit for sale and which is returned to the Brewery or disposed of on site, under Brewery supervision. In circumstances where beer is unfit for sale, through no fault of your own, credit will be given for the unsold beer. Customs & Excise impose strict conditions on the reclaiming of duty and there are specific provisions for the issue of credit for ullage. These are set out below.
The Grainstore Brewery Limited must be informed upon discovery of a problem with a cask within 10 days of delivery. When reporting a problem, please quote:
1. Cask size and individual Cask No.:
2. Type of beer (Name):
3. Gyle No.:
4. Best Before Date:
5. Nature of problem:
The Grainstore Brewery Limited will make arrangements to collect the ullage from the customer as soon as possible.
A receipt for the ullage will be issued by The Grainstore Brewery Limited who will then dip the cask and note the volume in the ullage book, obtaining a signature and leaving a copy for the customer.
The Grainstore Brewery Limited drivers or our agents are not normally able to collect ullage without prior notice. This is due to vehicle loading.
A credit note will be issued as soon as all criteria governing ullage credits have been satisfied by both the Head Brewer employed by The Grainstore Brewery Limited and HM Customs and Excise.
The Grainstore Brewery Limited reserves the right not to issue credit note for more than 3 gallons missing. Contents of the ullage cask must be the same as originally supplied. Credits for ullage will only be made subject to these procedures.
In the case of packaged products, all goods must be examined on delivery and claims or breakages, or loss, must be notified at the point of delivery.
The Grainstore Brewery Limited will not accept responsibility for any breakages, or loss, after the goods have been signed for.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
These conditions shall apply to all goods supplied by The Grainstore Brewery Limited
1. PAYMENT TERMS – Payment for goods supplied on agreed credit terms shall be received in full on or before the 20th day of the month of invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing by a Director of The Grainstore Brewery Limited. Our preferred method is BACS, but cheque or cash is equally acceptable.
2. NON PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS – If payment is not received by the Due Date, then without prejudice to any of our other rights or remedies we reserve the right to charge interest on the overdue amount. In addition we may cancel any further deliveries to you.
3. PRICES – Goods shall be supplied at prices ruling on date of despatch. We shall use every endeavour to provide current price lists and to give notice of alterations in prices of goods. All prices are subject to alteration without notice and we may increase prices if there is an increase in excise or other duty tax on relevant goods. ALL PRICES QUOTED ARE EXCLUSIVE OF VAT.
4. RISK – Where the delivery is effected by means of vehicles owned or hired by The Grainstore Brewery Limited, risk will pass to the customer on delivery at the customer’s specified address. Where delivery is effected by customers own means, risk shall pass when goods are handed over to the relevant carrier.
5. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT – Goods must be examined on delivery, signed for and damage or loss noted and marked on the delivery note. If examination on delivery is not possible, the delivery note must be signed and marked “unexamined”.
6. DAMAGE/SHORTAGE OF GOODS ON DELIVERY – Notification must be given to the driver in writing by endorsement of the delivery note accompanying the goods. No claim for damage or shortages will be considered unless written notice is received within 48 hours of delivery.
7. RESALE OF GOODS – Goods are supplied on condition that they will only be re-sold in or from bottles with packaging and labelling exactly as supplied. We do not supply products on a sale or return basis unless otherwise agreed in writing by a Director of The Grainstore Brewery Limited.
8. LIABILITY – Our liability hereunder shall be limited to replacing defective, damaged or non-delivered goods and we shall have no liability for any loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) caused thereby.
9. FORCE MAJEURE AND TERMINATION – The Grainstore Brewery Limited shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil any terms of any transaction governed by these conditions of sale if fulfilment has been delayed, hindered or prevented by any circumstances whatsoever which is not within its control.
10. TITLE OF GOODS – Legal title in the goods shall pass on payment of the whole price, The Grainstore Brewery limited may repossess goods if any sum due in respect of them is outstanding or if The Grainstore Brewery Limited reasonably believes that any such sum will not be paid full when it falls due for payment.
11. “BEST BEFORE” MARKING – Goods are marked with a “Best Before” date in compliance with Food Labelling Regulations. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that stocks are rotated so that the oldest item is sold first. The Grainstore Brewery Limited will not give credit nor accept responsibility for goods not sold by the “best before” date.
12. The Grainstore Brewery Limited reserved the right to alter or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Orders submitted after such changes will be subject to the revised agreement.